I remade my kagianas today, with spring coming and a lot of Easter sunshine the tomatoes seem so much juicier and riper than just a couple of days ago!
This recipe remains my favourite egg on toast for now – light and fresh, aromas of oregano, filling you up for the morning with healthy proteins and veg!
Time – 5-10minutes total
Serves – 2
Calories per serving – around 300-400 depending on your toast!
- 3 medium eggs
- A big splash of milk
- 1 beefy tomato
- 5-6 whole olives
- 1 tbsp oregano
Salt and pepper to taste
1) Roughly chop the tomatoes and pop them in your pan, get them sizzling away whilst you prep your eggs.
2) Crack the eggs into a mug and splash in your milk, plus some salt and pepper. Whisk briefly with a fork. The milk helps keep the meal from going dry and makes it both creamier and lighter.
3) When the tomatoes are nice and hot in the pan, the juices just bubbling, pop the egg mixture on top.
4) Stir the eggs gently to scramble them, but don’t overstir as this will over mix the tomato and break it up.
5) Sprinkle over your oregano as it cools, at a few olives for an extra Mediterranean kick
6) Serve alone, or over warm buttered toast.
Great as a light brunch, for more richness sprinkle feta on too or use some sundries tomatoes in the cooking.